Double Commander

Official forum
It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:45 am

All times are UTC + 3 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:56 am 
Site Admin

Due to the upgrade SourceForge engine has been changed Subversion repository address.
New subversion repository address can be found here.
You can switch to new repository by a fresh checkout using the new repository location.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:41 pm 

Following you link leads to a page with Branches, Tags and Trunk - no nightly builds may be found.

Where are they hidden now?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:04 pm 

OK, found it:

http://doublecmd.sourceforge.net/site/e ... shots.html

Happy holidays to all!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:28 pm 

Hi, where can I find snapshot for Windows? I see only linux version.

Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:20 am 

Wiki: Development versions

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:20 pm 

O.K.

So right link is
http://doublecmd.xe0.ru/
not
http://doublecmd.sourceforge.net/site/e ... shots.html

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:41 pm 

Check now.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:34 pm 

@Developers: Sorry for the question but have you considered using git as your version control system? I am confided it would speed up and distribute the development work to more people. Please check it out. And of course there is github.com which makes using git even more awesome.

Please consider switching. I am importing the svn repo to git right now. Let me know what you think about it …
Edit: I have set up a mirror of the svn on github: https://github.com/ypid/doublecmd.

However your decision will be. Double Commander is awesome. Thank you some much for creating it.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:50 pm 
Site Admin

I do not see any big advantages of git in our case. I don't think it would change anything in development.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:56 pm 

ypid, I just must say that I agree with you: svn is so awful comparing to mercurial or git. I hate svn for the every-day dilemma: should I commit now or should I test or improve added functionality?. I also don't like it for ugly support of ignoring files (single .hgignore/.gitignore file is much more clear and compact than svn's approach)

And, of course, general design of mercurial/git (save changesets, not revisions) is superior to svn in case of branching. Here, I must note that we haven't many developers so this one is probably not crucial (at least for now). BUT, at the other side, using svn probably repels new developers from this project, as it repelled personally me. My short story: I'm really, really amazed by existing functionality of DC, it is purely life-changing project for me, because now I can use Linux with powerful file manager just like Total Commander. But, I feel lack of some features, so I wanted to participate. When I was figuring out how to develop DC, I got two disappointments: firstly, I personally don't like pascal (but Alex does, and, after all, it is a matter of taste). And secondly, ugly svn! I can't agree that it is matter of taste too; svn has no advantages (that I'm aware of) comparing to mercurial/git, but it has several huge disadvantages. And I decided: no, maybe later.

Well, after some time, I participated anyway, in the client/server and command line params part, as you might see in recent commits log. But, the fact is that svn is repellently painful.

As far as I see, Alex won't change it, but anyway, I wanted to say that I agree: svn sucks. :)